Our Buddhist courses and events aim at nourishing the development of compassion, wisdom, kindness, and true happiness in individuals of all ages. We offer courses, retreats, drop-ins and opportunities for group practice to fulfill the needs of both beginners and experienced practitioners.
We offer the introductory courses Introduction to Buddhist Meditation and Buddhism in a Nutshell, as well as the two-year study program Discovering Buddhism.
We offer drop-ins which allow a more open format and flexibility. Come and meditate and interact with Venerable Michael, or join our group practices. We also offer a course and drop-ins in tantric visualization meditation. Last but not least, we organize weekend courses with visiting teachers who are registered FPMT teachers.
Our events are in line with Wisdom Culture that is infused with the wisdom and compassion of Lama Thubten Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. The key points of the FPMT Wisdom Culture are:
- Openness and breadth in presenting the Dharma. Lama Yeshe’s teaching style was non-traditional, yet completely pure in source and content.
- Detail and depth of instruction. Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s teaching style emphasizes how to practice and making each moment deeply meaningful through bodhichitta and emptiness.
- The FPMT Wisdom Culture encourages realization of the lam-rim teachings in the heart, not just intellectual study.
- Constant practice of merit accumulation and purification. These practices are emphasized as essential to bringing temporal happiness and preparing the mind for realization.
- Reliance on tantra; encouraging students to have spiritual confidence.
- Respect and support for ordained Sangha. We consider ordained Sangha essential to the tradition.
- Cultivation of a close family feeling. FPMT is a worldwide family of practitioners, united by our culture, devotion to our teachers, and standard practice materials.
- Thinking big. We cultivate the wish to be of great benefit to countless beings, and then put that wish into practice!
- Big love. Cherishing others. Imparting a universal love for all beings.
Upcoming Buddhist events
july No Events august september No Events october No Events november No Events