- This event has passed.
How to cultivate Mental Balance and Well-Being? Public Talk With Glen Svensson
September 11, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
This event is free of charge. You are most welcome!
How to Cultivate Mental Balance & Well-Being
– How we can cultivate a state of inner well-being – through focusing on the 4 types of mental balance: motivational, attentional, cognitive and emotional.
There will be two guided meditations.
During this evening’s session we will:
• define the meaning of well-being
• define the four types of mental balance
• look at how to cultivate the four types of mental balance
• practice a meditation relating to the four types of balance
• discuss the importance of an integrated model
This talk is based on the article from Alan Wallace.
Glen will also give a 4-day City retreat with teachings & meditations on following weekend 14-17/9. During the retreat we will learn how to develop and enhance our attention skills, how to strengthen our faculty of mindfulness.
Originally from Australia, Glen has been a student and practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism since 1995 and graduated from the seven-year Masters Program in Advanced Buddhist Studies of Sutra and Tantra at the Lama Tzong Khapa Institute (Pomaia, Italy) in 2004.
Since 2005 he has taught and led meditation retreats in India, Europe, North America and Australia with a teaching style emphasizing clarity and stressing the integration of philosophical view, meditation and daily life conduct.
Read more about Glen Svensson on www.glensvensson.org.