Non-profit memberYearly Membership of the Non-Profit Association
- The membership of the non-profit (ideell förening) Yeshe Norbu has two purposes:
- Support the foundational principles and activities of Yeshe Norbu
- Engage in the democratic process of governing Yeshe Norbu
Yeshe Norbu Mind Training Centre is owned and operated by the non-profit organisation Yeshe Norbu (Föreningen Yeshe Norbu, org nr 802512-5629).
The center is affiliated with FPMT (Foundation of the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition). Being affiliated with FPMT means that the center follows the spiritual direction of Lama Zopa Rinpoche and guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. It means that the center uses FPMT’s educational programs and material, created in the unique lineage of Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Please note that the membership of the non-profit organisation is different from membership in the centre which gives discounts to attend classes, course, and teaching. No particular affiliation in required to attend the courses at the centre of which many are completely secular.
We invite everyone who want to be part of influencing the future development of the centre to become a member of the non-profit organisation.
Why should you become a member?
- You are inspired by the vision of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and Lama Yeshe and want to help create a more compassionate and peaceful world by contributing to that vision.
- You want to influence the direction of Yeshe Norbu in Stockholm. Yeshe Norbu is governed by its members, and therefore your contribution is very important.
- Participate in member activities and community building. The foundation for a flourishing center are its members and the friendships and connections we create between each other.
- You realize that all non-profit organisations are completely dependent on its member’s contributions to function, grow, and prosper.
FPMT has appointed Martin Ström to be director of the center, and Kaisa Kaul to be Spiritual Program Coordinator (SPC). Kaisa is also a registered FPMT Foundational teacher.