We are a non-profit organization that is completely dependent on the help, support, and generosity of volunteers. Without volounteers we will not be able to make Yeshe Norbu a warm and welcoming place that offers many wonderful activies. Without volunteers, we would not be able to offer the courses and teachings that we do or at a low price. We are therefore dependent on people offering their time, skills and service.
Volunteering at Yeshe Norbu is a great way of deepening your own practice, offer service to others and become part of a community that want to contribute to a more peaceful and harmonious world. Depending of the amount of working hours, the volunteers are rewarded for their work with discounts or free attendance to retreats and courses. But most importantly, volounteers get the satisfaction of knowing they’ve contributed to making Yeshe Norbu a great place to visit.
We are looking for a wide variety of skills and interests – warmly welcome to offer your services!
Volunteering according to your time and abilities. You can offer your time and skills for few hours when we have weekend teachings teachings,
or just come by a few hours or days whenever it is suitable for you. We always need help with:
- Greeting visitors coming to our center. It is very important to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere so every visitor feels at home at Yeshe Norbu.
- Setting up and cleaning rooms for events. Keeping the centre beautiful is so important but takes a bit of work.
- Buying and preparing fika for teaching days.
- Help our Communications Wizards: Our communications team need help with recording the teachings and upload
to the website, live streaming of events, updating our social media channels, delivering leaflets and helping with publicity.
- Fund raising. The centre is dependent on donation and generosity of many people.
It is helpful if you speak and write both Swedish and English, since much of our activities are in English.
Please include a short summary of why you would like to work as volunteer at Yeshe Norbu, and let us know any specific skills you have. And don’t worry, everyone can help with something. The important thing is to build community, have fun together, and create opportunities for everyone who comes to the centre to have a wonderful experience.
Send your application to [email protected]